Bliss Divine Yoga is run by James Reeves, Dip SM, Dip Yoga Siromani, Dip Structural Yoga Therapy. James has been practicing yoga for 15 years and qualified as a teacher in 2004.
James runs regular yoga classes in Oxford, UK, and works internationally delivering workshops, training and one-one sessions.
Whether he’s teaching asana (yoga postures), yoga nidra (restorative ‘sleep’ yoga) or working with yoga therapy, James’ focus is always on helping his clients find an internal stillness and peace. Only by befriending and listening to our body, mind and soul can we truly be strong, healthy and happy.
James went to his first yoga class in 1999 but it was on a trip to India in 2001 that he had his first insight into the deep and true sense of peace the practice can bring. In 2004 he went on to complete his teacher training at the Sivananda Ashram in Kerala, India. This was just the beginning of his training as there is always more to learn and so many wonderful teachers to share and grow with. Notably James has:
- Studied under Richard Miller, PhD (renowned clinical psychologist, author, researcher, yogic scholar and spiritual teacher), to qualify as a Certified iRest Yoga Nidra Teacher and operate as an IRI-sponsored international Teacher Trainer (James is currently the only such trainer in the UK)
- Qualified as a Structural Yoga Therapist under the tutorage of Makunda Stiles
- Practised extensively with Kali Ray, internationally renowned as a yogini and founder of TriYoga® a system of yoga that is guided by a kundalini-inspired yoga (practised in 40+ countries)
- Studied with Donna Farhi, Philip Xerri for pranayama, Dr Vasant Lad for Ayurvedic studies and attended retreats with Thich Nhat Han
- Studied in Rajasthan with a teacher from the Bihar School of Yoga